Ok so the world has way too many people sharing their opinions on fitness and skin care and blah blah blah but guess what? I’m going to be another one. I just won’t go into much detail. This makes sense, if you know me, because I actually HATE working out and exercising and can be very flighty about skin care too.
Summer is on the horizon, though, and I’ve been feeling sluggish and not good about my body lately. I’ve gained some weight and have been battling the driest skin EVER. That’s kind of new for me, having a pretty quick metabolism and trying to eat real healthy. But we all get to that point where we have to actually consciously work at staying healthy and fit, and this is that point for me!
SO. Here are the things I’m trying right now:
- Walk with the baby every day.
- Work out for five minutes at a time, focusing for now on core strength (planks, crunches, etc.) and do this when baby is napping.
- This awesome workout plan that actually seems manageable.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Dry brushing! Just started, already love it.
- Coconut oil AND super nourishing body lotion. I put this lotion on after letting the coconut oil sink in for a little bit. This tends toward a little too greasy but it’s working wonders on my poor skin.
That’s it! Pretty simple little changes, which I think at this point is very realistic for me.
Are you also an exercise hater? What else have you found that works for you?